검찰타임즈에 오신 것을 환영합니다.
 최종 기사편집 : 2024-07-04 22:44:36

World News

Clinton seeks to keep Trump on defensive after presidential debate

페이지 정보

검찰타임즈 작성일16-10-13 11:19 조회2,629회 댓글0건

본문

26098bd48a906e96f390ffbe07445372_1476325

Democrat Hillary Clinton sought on Tuesday to keep Republican rival Donald Trump on the defensive a day after their first U.S. presidential debate with accusations he is a sexist, racist and tax dodger, while Trump suggested he would "hit her harder" next time by bringing up her husband's infidelity.

While the New York real estate mogul found himself in another controversy over his fresh insults about the weight of a former beauty pageant winner, Clinton tried to keep up the momentum after her forceful debate performance.

She told reporters that during the debate, Trump "was making charges and claims that were demonstrably untrue, offering opinions that I think a lot of people would find offensive and off-putting."

For his part, Trump, speaking at a rally in the battleground state of Florida on Tuesday, said of the debate: "On issue after issue, Secretary Clinton defended the terrible status quo – while I laid out our plan to bring jobs, security and prosperity back to the American people."

Monday night's face-off between Clinton, with decades of experience in public life, and Trump, famous as a television personality but running for office for the first time, attracted a record audience for a U.S. presidential debate.

Nielsen data showed 84 million people watched the debate on U.S. television, topping the 80.6 million viewers for the Jimmy Carter-Ronald Reagan TV presidential debate in 1980.

Trump praised himself for not attacking Clinton during the debate about the marital infidelity of her husband, former President Bill Clinton, but said he may take up the attack line going forward. There are two more debates scheduled, on Oct. 9 in St. Louis and Oct. 19 in Las Vegas, ahead of the Nov. 8 election.

"I may hit her harder in certain ways. I really eased up because I didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings," Trump said in an interview on the Fox News program "Fox & Friends."

He added that when Clinton criticized him for his treatment of women, he held back, saying: "I was going to hit her with her husband's women. And I decided I shouldn't do it because her daughter was in the room."

Clinton brushed off Trump's vow, saying: "He can run his campaign however he chooses." She added that "the real point is about temperament and fitness and qualification to hold the most important, hardest job in the world."

Trump himself was still married to his first wife, Ivana Trump, when he had a high-profile affair with Marla Maples, who became his second wife. He eventually divorced Maples and married his third and current wife, Melania Trump.

<저작권자 검찰타임즈, 무단전재 및 재배포금지>

검찰타임즈
하존

검찰타임즈소개 개인정보취급방침 상단으로
검찰타임즈에 오신 것을 환영합니다.

(주)헤럴드 / 경기,아51300 / 등록일 : 2015년 9월9일 / 발행인 : 김영봉 / 논설위원: 김정민 / 편집인 : 김영미 / TEL031-775-2545
[본사] 경기도 양평군 청운면 벗고갯길 10 [서울사무소] 서울 동작구 상도로 160 / 청소년정보보호책임자:정연수
Copyright © http://www.pstimes.kr All rights reserved.| E-MAIL. pstimes-k@naver.com

모바일 버전으로 보기